A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Excuse me, are you permitted to do that?

Damn right I am! Jen and Danielle were looking for a partner to climb the Grand Teton and extended an offer to me. They hold a backcountry permit that will allow us to set up a high camp prior to the summit push. A third person complicates the roped pitches marginally, but adds another pair of legs with which to share weight. I want to think I was invited for my company, but there could be a certain pack mule component too!

image

Picture compliments of here.

If all goes according to plan I will be wearing a large grin on my face for the first half of the second week of August as we ascend the Owen-Spalding Route. After that, come success or failure, it is off to the Wind River Range. This is particularly exciting as I always looked a these mountains in the NOLS catalog and it made me want to be in the mountain west. I feel like I am headed into my wilderness ground zero.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of good stuff up there. You'd be a natural for a NOLS course, if you haven't done it already.

    ReplyDelete