A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

How I Roll (or why I bike)

The scene below, is the bus pulling away as I stand on the other side of the street.

photo

This happens without fail. Supposedly this bus runs every ten minutes in the morning, but my presence obviously creates a hiccup in the space time continuum, as every time I reach the western corner of the Ellsworth/Lincoln intersection, there is a bus disappearing from sight. Which is immediately followed by a slowing of all buses behind it, creating a gap in which I can almost walk to work.

Interested in particle acceleration? Maybe the intersection of quantum physics and transit? Or the story of the man who never caught the bus? Meet me at the corner of Ellsworth and Lincoln, and bring a bike, it is far faster than walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment