A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

In a departure from the norm I got crafty this year. Crafty to the point I visited Joann Fabrics, two hardware stores and made two trips to Fancy Tiger. It started with an announcement by Aleka  that not only would she host a Halloween party, but she would also recreate the swan gown worn by Bjork at the Emmy’s.

With the bar set high I put my sights on Beaker, of Muppet fame. And 10 hours of work and $100 later I was happy with the results, but surprised by the total effort.

photo1

Completed Beaker outfit with ominous lighting

photo2

Beaker and Bjork (the gown turned out great)

photo

Beaker transport

Now I have a Beaker costume sitting in my living room, if anyone has a need…

No comments:

Post a Comment