A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Action is Always Good

Sweet Action Ice Cream is a delectable ice cream parlor located at 52 Broadway. Plenty has been written at the local and national level about this place, singing high praise for its variety and quality. I am not a member of the “ice cream-gentsia” but am happy to add my voices to the chorus of praise.

This weekend is their two year anniversary and features an oreo-centric menu, so I queued up for a coffee/oreo combination.Coffee dominated with the occasional oreo crunch, and as a frozen yogurt eater, the creamy texture of real ice cream was sublime. The smoked porter was not as smoky or porterish as I hoped, but the Stranahans Whiskey Brickle has the potential to lead me down the path to morbid obesity. It is dessert whiskey!

IMG_0385

Sweet Action also offers vegan friendly options. I know, I know, vegan ice cream…what is this world coming to? It too is delicious and just as creative in flavors, as evidenced by this chocolate on chocolate “single scoop”. Disembodied hand not included.

IMG_0389

I have been three times in their two year existence. In an effort to show more compassion to myself, this number shall be increased. I still need to try the homemade ice cream sandwiches and continue to enjoy the whimsical ice cream themed artwork.

IMG_0384

IMG_0386

IMG_0387


Sweet Action Ice Cream on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I can vouch for the ice cream sandwiches, too. At least the vegan ones, and they are really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emphatically endorse the Stranahan's Whiskey Brickle. It is quite possibly the perfect food. I called attention to it in my blog this past December as my new permanent favorite flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ate half of my double chocolate cookie cherry icecream sandwich that you've pictured above (not with my hand), and it was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete