A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cookouts and Moscow Mules

I have been on a Moscow Mule kick as of late. The bite of ginger and the tang of lime offset the vodka, making for a refreshing drink, well suited for post-exercise imbibing.
Following is the recipe:

  • 1 half lime

  • 2 ounces vodka

  • 4 to 6 ounces ginger beer Quick, easy and tasty, this has become the 2011 summer drink. I need to get some highball glasses though, as drinking these out of pint glasses is a recipe for disaster, or maybe hilarity.


  • IMG_0354
    Ted, who is in the midst of a kitchen remodel and therefore without a stove or oven, hosted a potluck cookout. My contribution? Mules. Between beverages and delicious burgers it was the perfect introduction to summer.
    IMG_0370

    1 comment:

    1. Looks like some good drinkin' and eatin'. Recently I've been making something akin to a Moscow Mule, only I prefer whiskey instead of vodka. Gotta be a name for it, but I don't know it. A Denver Donkey, maybe?

      ReplyDelete