A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walk a Mile in My Shoes

I like my feet quite a bit. Admittedly pale, with a bit of hair and a second toe that is longer than the big toe. Remarkably average and therefore malleable to a variety of footwear, I take them for granted. Given my propensity for self-propulsion they are wonderful utilitarian minimal in their need for maintenance.

uZKFf

Coming off Shavano I noticed some discomfort when applying pressure to the ball of my right foot (see the large star below, not my foot (!)).

2126592116_ab3579f04a

No evidence of bruising, no splinters, no fungal infection, no flesh eating parasites…in short I have no idea what the problem is. It is not debilitating, but bothersome. I am sure rest would do it a world of good, but it is the summer damn it! I have no intention of rest, so stay tuned for a post from the podiatrist.

The other issue is a super tiny bruise beneath my toenail. It is like David vs Goliath. It looks inconsequential, but it does cause discomfort when afoot. I am not sure how it happened in the first place, so now my nights are filled with anxiety dreams of each of my toes developing something similar. Certainly no Nightmare on Elm Street sort of stuff, because that would be easier than the thought of a summer with limited mobility.

Picture1

No comments:

Post a Comment