A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Marrow Donation–Follow Up

The marrow people, not to be confused with the blood suckers or just the cash strapped needy, sent me a cheek swab kit.

IMG_0508

Does a bear shit in the woods?

In a fit of volunteerism smugness I ran off to the bathroom to swab up. I will be remembering this post and the two glasses of wine that led to my blasĂ© attitude about marrow donation when they  are extracting it from my hip. Until those tears are shed, here is to a feeling giving back without having yet given back!

IMG_0504

Yes, this swab is ridiculously long! I am actually holding the end of it with my toes.

IMG_0505

I am now being added to a DNA database.

No comments:

Post a Comment