A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

A strong appetite, average palate, and weak writing, mixed with outdoor adventure.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Loops

I participated in my first “Loops Ride” tonight. If you are a fan of ironic facial hair and fixed gear bikes it is custom made for you. If you happen to sport a beard out of convenience, ride a geared bike and use panniers you are still welcome.
The general idea: ride a 15-20 mile loop with a few strategic stops to allow everyone to catch up, as well as swill some cheap beer. We, Tony, Dax and I, lacked beer, but made up for this at the halfway point. All in all, a fun ride in which I pushed a pace I usually leave for others. Having gears is an advantage, although these guys spend far more time pedaling than I do, so it evens out.
;ldkg
Heading north on the South Platte Trail
sdf
Sunset on the South Platte Trail
photo 
If you hang out with fixie freestylists at some point a skid contest will break out, even in the Cheesman Park Pavilion
photo
Headed south on the Platte River Trail. Note the moon on the upper right corner, as well as the river on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment